[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CH. Bitch On Pet Finder

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:21:21 EDT

Amy and everybody who posted on this subject,

 A couple-three people posted that perhaps posting a placement on rescue was
not a wise idea.   Poor PR, etc.   Now there are two-three people saying that
was not the thing which to carry on about.

One of the things that arises out of misunderstandings, as long as people
don't go off the wall, is the discussion of placements of older dogs, dogs that
just don't fit in the pack.   The other point of view is that we keep dogs no
matter what, we whelped them, and we are responsible for them from whelp to
rainbow bridge.   Placing a dog that doesn't fit in is better in a loving
forever
home.   I think most of us fit somewhere in between.   I thought the
discussion, actually, was very helpful...as I have found myself on both sides
of that
particular fence.

So perhaps instead of thinking it as a negative subject, I personally want to
thank all who brought their thinking to the table.   It may help me in some
of my more difficult decisions.

Thanks for listening.
Stormy
In a message dated 7/21/08 7:04:01 PM, genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> While I will agree that putting a dog that you want to find a home for on
> Pet Finder is not the ideal way to go about it, I happen to know all three
> people involved and they all love and care about their dogs. Sherry came on
> the
> list at least twice last night and explained that the bitch is with her until
> she finds her a good home. It is over, drop it and move on! One of the
> reasons that I have not been showing dogs is I am tired of the nastiness. So
> keep
> on hurting each other and you will never have majors because no one will want
> to show. There are so many other things that are way more important to spend
> money on than showing dogs where people talk about you behind your back. And
> it is not just in our breed. I have seen it in plenty of other breeds also.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.