[ SHOWGSD-L ] CAT-LIKE MOVEMENT IN THE GSD

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:09:23 -0800

Dr. Goldfarb posts...

I respectfully disagree completely!!!

 The German Shepherd, as we all know, is a trotting animal and as such has
endurance and overall dryness and hardness. The athletic ability comes from
proper structure for long term endurance.

We all learn and I felt that this post was necessary so that people new in
the Breed would not get an incorrect impression of what is correct according
to our Standard as well as the rest of the world's Standard(and they really
are almost the same).
Morton Goldfarb

Paul adds...

Thank you Dr. "Goldfarb"...

You always seem to bring a sense of calm and reality to a "runaway train"
and its "runaway engineer".

While years in any breed can lead to quality knowledge, it does not always
allude to the proper use and explanation of that knowledge. As you correctly
point out, all of the Standards are very close in their interpretation and
description of GSD structure and requests for performance.

Like your post...and other knowledgeable contributors like Fred Migliore,
Marion Lawrence, Helen M. Fisher, Sandi & Barbara...such posts and
interpretations are in the best tradition and examples of proper mentoring.
That's good for newbies and oldies alike.

Paul