[ SHOWGSD-L ] CANADA, KOBE & WILLY

  • From: Kathy Potter <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:07:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

 body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#f=
fffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}
body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#f=
fffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}
body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#f=
fffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}
As many of you know I had to take a 2 year respite from the sport I love= to
care for my mom and complete our move to North Carolina. This has been = a
very special year for me since I have returned to the ring and the friend= s
that I so missed. So - this message will contain many THANKS.

Alt= hough the entry numbers were down the quality was excellent. All 3
judges -= Sally Hayden, Gary Szymczak and Bart Bartley are to be commended
for the s= uper jobs they did in and out of the ring.

To Bart Bartley - What a= n honor to be awarded Grand Victor and Best of
Breed by a man I truly admir= e and respect. Bart is such a role model for
all of us as exhibitors and ju= dges. As I said Saturday night, he is the
true Gentleman in our sport. Than= ks so much for the thrill Bart.

Early last February I got a call fr= om Ann. She posed a simple question to
me =E2=80=93 =E2=80=98do you want to= own Kobe with me=E2=80=99? Obviously I
agreed. Thanks so much to Ann for m= aking that offer. I have enjoyed every
moment. And, as I=E2=80=99ve gotten = to know Kobe more I admire him more.
He=E2=80=99s a correct, beautiful, tou= gh when required, gentle, courageous
and loving dog. Love you Kobe. I could= n=E2=80=99t be prouder than if I had
bred him myself.

Thanks to Sal= ly Hayden for recognizing Willy in a quality packed 12-18
class. After lead= ing the class she went 2nd to a lovely bitch who went on
to RWB. Thanks to = Willy=E2=80=99s breeders Pat Walker and Mary Ann Imhoff
for allowing Willy = to own Sam, Debbie and me. She's also known as Wolf
Creek Aquilla of Merive= rn. There=E2=80=99s more to be heard from this one.

To Mike Sherman= =E2=80=93 thanks as always for your expert handling and
friendship. And De= bbie..what can I say. You=E2=80=99re the glue that keeps
us all ticking. It= =E2=80=99s great to call you a friend. It was also great
to have long time = friends there to support us. Thanks to Peg, Lew and all
of you for sharing = in our happiness. Thanks to =E2=80=98new
friend=E2=80=99Paula Peters =E2= =80=93 you rock!

While all folks aren=E2=80=99t always happy with t= he results and some are
downright mean (and most of you know who you are), = many emulate
Bart=E2=80=99s advice for good sportsmanship. It is essential = if we are to
provide the continuum this sport so needs. And so in that spir= t I will end
my message with warm congratulations to all of the exhibitors = for a great
show. Special congrats to our friends: the Fasano=E2=80=99s for= their
gorgeous GVx Lovey, the Beccia=E2=80=99s (and the Fasano=E2=80=99s) = for
WD/Sel Ray Bearone; Ellen for Sel Eli; Ileana, Michael, Iza and all of = the
other wonderful owners of the Selects. Kudos to you all. It=E2=80=99s m= uch
more fun to win with and around friends.

Kathy