[ SHOWGSD-L ] CAN - HEADS UP ! - Pedigree Dogs Exposed !!

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:59:45 -0800

Begin forwarded message:

CAN - HEADS UP ! - Pedigree Dogs Exposed !!

Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:45 pm (PST)

Subject:  Pedigree dogs exposed

I just received an e-mail from one of my Canadian friends, and probably what

could be our worst nightmare for Cavaliers is happening. "Pedigree Dogs

Exposed" is scheduled to air on Canadian TV on Monday Dec 8th. You can be

sure that it will be shown in the US before long. Hopefully not in

conjunction with "The Garden" in Feb.

If you remember this is the BBC program that showed the Cavalier as a

genetic misfit of health problems. This program is what has brought about

the possibility of a ban on breeding Cavaliers in the UK

Now that this piece of tabloid journalism has reached North America, may I

suggest that every dog lover, no matter where they live, e-mail the Canadian

Broadcasting Corporation, and complain that they are showing this on their

channel. You can send comments directly at

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/contact.html