[ SHOWGSD-L ] CA AB141<>Breeding Limits Bill

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: german shepherd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:48:31 -0700

I usually only send on "official" results, but there are some facts in
here that I think all those who think Breeding limits are o.k.,
because "who can take care of ### dogs,anyway" should read.
First here is the sneaky underhanded second vote situation of AB141.,
following that is the snipped comments of somebody who went to the
Sen. office and asked a couple of questions.  I'll be glad to send the
whole post (permission given), but it's pretty lengthy.

* * *  please feel free to forward  * * *

AB241 (Nava):  Dogs and Cats:  Breeding For Sale

When we last left off on Tuesday, 14 July, California AB241 had failed
(3 - 3) to pass out of Committee.  Assembly Member Nava, the bill's
author, asked for re-consideration which was granted without objection
by Senate Public Safety Chairman Leno who stated that "It makes it a
two year bill."

By now, we all know that Nava was unhappy with the vote.  A new
hearing was immediately scheduled for today.  This morning Leno made
an announcement on the Senate floor that, following today's Senate
floor session, there would be a Senate Public Safety Committee meeting
for "vote only" to be held in Room 3191.

On Tuesday, 14 July, here was the vote for AB241:

Leno (Dem) ... Yes
Benoit (Rep) ... No
Cedillo (Dem) ... Yes
Hancock (Dem)... Yes
Huff (Rep) ... No
Steinberg (Dem)... Not present
Wright (Dem) ... No

AB241 has passed out of committee today as amended and is now on its
way to Appropriations.  Those Senators voting to support the bill
were:  Leno, Cedillo, Hancock, and Steinberg.

Vote:  4-0

Thank you.
Brat Zinsmaster

(stormy comments... this was in Sen. Steinberg's office, his staff
consultant)

"This is what I recall of the meeting: