[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Buying SHOW dogs

  • From: tiffany bartley <joellegsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:24:40 -0800 (PST)

tiffany bartley <joellegsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     i am sure all of us as
breeders have sold many a dog who have NOT ended up with any problems and then
have gone on to finish.we know buying a young animal is taking a chance,
possibly ending  up with hip or elbow problems ,missing teeth or just not end
up being a show dog and i could go on.but at least if you go to a responsible
breeder you better the odds.

     joann

ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I started out trying to buy a show dog and did not have much success. I went
to a Michigan well known breeder-judge,deceased, and the first one had grade 4
hip dysplasia (OFA both sides)and was a pet. Her replacement was a 4 month old
long coat with hip dyplasia. I then went out of state to one of the big names
in the breed and bought a spook with pancreatitis and she had to be put down.
Next I went to a national and fell in love with Reno and bought Jennarick's
Felicia, a Reno daughter, out of Ch Lakeside's Just Jamaica ROM. This was a
Cobert's Melissa ROM daughter bred to a Melissa son. You can,t do much better
than that, bloodline wise. She was not show and had two #2 premolars missing as
did her mother. I bred her 6 times and got a total of three puppies, two
monorchids and CH Awlful Good of Edan, CD, TC, ROM, who was #2 Living ROM dam
at one time. She is the dam of three ROMs, one of which was Ch Love at First
Bite of Edan ROM, whi was the dam of 4 ROMs. Missing
teeth has not been an issue. Every dog in my kennel goes to LOver. You have to
stick with it and not give up.. I bought my next dog at 10 months, 4 years
later and I owner handled her to Grand Victrix. She was AOE GV Ch Dawnhill's
Carli . Ann
PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx wrote: In a message dated 12/18/2006 10:40:14 AM Central
Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We purchased MASSTANAS NICOLE at a young age and but for an injury she
would have finished handily- she was first all three days out of large 12-18
month classes-she still got a major reserve injury and all for her Mom-she
went on to be ROM-Kris
I "KNOW" we have been the exception to the rule.. You MUST deal with a
breeder that has breed Champions...you must do your own homework...and know
bloodlines and whats throwing what (trust me there are still surprises)
We've been very lucky (and we know it) Gary Staser was instrumental in
getting Renee, Flicka and Dynasty for us. I had always loved the California
dogs...and still do...I contacted Kathy Aubrey because I seen a little puppy
bitch
on a video that reminded me of our Flicka...she said to me are you sure you
want her and not the pick and I said thats the one I want. When this little
girl
came to us at 4 mo. of age ...I thought okay atleast she has good
bloodlines...
In getting her ready for her futurity...which we weren't going to spend the
money on her to travel...I thought wow have you changed...She went on to win
that Futurity and that was the start for our Crissy (Cliche) show career.
Lets see where do I start...these are all dogs we've bought and their ages
and the year purchased...

Ch. Val Cons Beau Geste our first champion purchased at 8 weeks (1979)
Ch. Doyles Renee of Northaus ROM purchased 18 mo.(1981)
Sel. Ch. Staser Flicka V Brentaryl ROM purchased at 4 mo. (1982)
Fut. VX Ch. Staser Dynasty V Stonekroft purchased 6 mo. (1982)
AOE 2 x Sel. Exc. Am/Can Ch. Utopia's Cliche' TC CGC RN purchased 4 mo. of
age (1998)
Futurity winner Ch. Utopia's Jitterbug purchase 10 weeks (2000)
2006 Sel. Exc. Ch. Utopia's Let Freedom Ring, TC purchase 10 weeks (2001)

Of all the show prospects we have purchased 1 did not finish. And yes we
have breed our own champions and futurity winners...

We will forever be grateful to Gary Staser for starting us.....and Kathy
Aubrey for allowing us to own such superb dogs.

Gary and Patty Szymczak

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com