[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Buy from a breeder (long)

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Dglov49@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:55:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2006 12:09:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Dglov49@xxxxxxx writes:
Well  said Cathy, I had a litter in the spring, and was told by the stud dog

owner and her friend, that I should not be breeding if I could not be home
24/7  with the pups. I am a single mom. I work because I have to.  Does that
mean
I  cannot enjoy what I love, which is raising, showing  and training my
dogs??????  This type of narrow minded thinking is  for the birds. No one has
the
right to  decide this. My dogs are well  loved, well taken care of and get
lots of
attention.
Denise
Selde Kennel

It might mean that you have to put off something for a while.

Wasn't this the smallish litter (maybe of 2?) with all the issues you  shared
with 'da list, then the stud dog owner (graciously I thought) took care  of
them while you were at work, you took them back, later one died?  If  it's not,
I apologize.

BUT, what happens when you have to go to leave for work and a wee puppy
doesn't look right?  Might not be nursing enough?  What happens when  you have
run to the vet during work hours?  Do you  take a week off  so that you can
watch mom pre and post whelping?  Or if she delivers during  the day in the
middle of the week does she whelp by herself while you are at  work? (Ever see
bitch in trouble?)What about when you start weaning the  puppies?  How do you
fit in many small meals a day when you are at  work?  What about when they are
being weaned and mom doesn't clean up  anymore?  Do they have to be dirty
until you come home from work?  Or  if it's nice by then, are they outside?
What
if it rains unexpectedly and  you left them outside?  I haven't even thought
of all of the  scenarios that a child not feeling good, having homework, after
school  activities etc., might present. (And certainly, a child would be the
first  priority, since you have to keep your job to care for yourself and
child, that  makes employer second and momma dog and puppies a distant third.)

Sorry, don't know who the stud dog owner or friend was, but I'd have to
agree.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_