[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: But, tell me how

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 21:40:22 -0700

Evan,
I know you have stood near when someone DAST bring a German dog into an AKC
ring...whispers, nastiness, some outright to the owners...taunts,
laughter......and who is spreading ill will?   I have witness unspeakable
lack of class and ugliness perpetrated against owners of German dogs that
would DARE breech our rings.  One instance that springs to mind was the
abbhorent treatment of a group of owners of German dogs that helped make a
BIG major at one of our specialties at Kramer Park....they were treated
rudely, and out loud to boot.   One "venerable " person, who couldn't help
her venom, said out loud in front of the owners and ringside..."Why did THEY
have to enter, I hate their dogs, they are so ugly"
Keep in mind this was a VERY nice group of german dog owners and
enthusiasts...THAT HELPED BUILD THAT MAJOR and were happy and thrilled to be
there.  I remember having the privlege of talking with many, and groomed
their gorgeous dogs for them...and enjoyed the interaction...just because it
was a great sharing of info.
Now, seriously, I don't think that either side is right in the opinions of
this dog or that dog ONLY....but each is entitled ...if we want to be angry
about how our breed is represented...how about the way newcomers are treated
by some in our club?  I can think of one instance very recently, here
locally.  Nasty.
Interestingly the WDA, the USA  keeps having a huge rise in interest, and
when you look at the ringside there are young couples, families and
children, ready to take their place .   Funny, I don't see that at ANY show
of ours.....now why is that?
So before we cast dispersions on "them" , we need to pay closer attention to
our own conduct.
JMHO
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com~or~
http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com
PUP-DATED:  JUNE 14, 2009
Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING