[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: But

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 23:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know how anyone can even think of spinning such a fee as being a
reasonable expense. We may be trusting but we aren't THAT stupid.
.
If the argument is that people will pull their entries if they hear it is not
on grass (and I know of no place that was promised) then it becomes a very
simple math problem - How many entries need to be pulled to equal that $15.000
number? (I picked the lower number to be nice).
The answer is 300 if you count the $50 entry fee for best of breed. A lot more
if you use the $35 class entry fee. Now we know our conformation entry is not
over 300. So the answer is that ALL of the conformation entries would have to
pull to equate to that $15,000. So if we have even one conformation entry and
do not change the flooring we are better off.

But I sincerely hope that whoever came up with this stops and thinks. Knee-jerk
reactions are never good unless you are being physically attacked.
Honestly, I do not know how anyone can possibly expect this to fly.

Ruth