[ SHOWGSD-L ] Business cant be about wishful thinking

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:50:33 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2009 10:19:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx writes:
Nancy,  Bill, and who ever is appointed as the chair for the 2013 World
Trial will be all working together to make this a hugh success.  It  will
be
exciting to have competitors from a lot of foreign countries  here.  It is
time for us to show the world that we can run the  best show they will ever

see.  Many of those that will be  coming to represent their country, have
never
been to America  before.  Many of these people speak English and want  to
learn  about our country.  What a perfect opportunity for us, the GSDCA,
shine.  We need to join together and show the world what Americans  are
really
like.

Mary

As a native of the "Land of Hospitality", I am all for that, and understand
 that it CAN be a money maker for the club.  But anyone who has ever helped
 put a show together knows there is going to be money going OUT before any
money  comes IN.  How many entries do we need to make this event profitable?

We are talking about securing hotels, restaurants, insurance,
transportation, volunteer help, medical and veterinary care, for what?,
thousands of
peoples and their dogs?  As it is, look at the troubles we go  to find a place
to accommodate our national. And enough cargo vans for the  National
exhibitors.  Do we have a possible location yet???  Has the  club started any
contact with the business community yet?

And I am guessing the locals will know there will be some protection
demonstrations, will they feel comfortable with "hundreds of aggressive dogs"
setting up in their town?  Hopefully we wont have to deal with  overzealous
animal control law enforcers. But I guess good marketing can  overcome that,
right Stormy?

Hear me out, I am willing to do what I can to help the club with this
event, but lets be realistic and get past the excitement and the rosy colored
glass and realize how much is there to do, and what is at stake.  The
figures mentioned so far are above $200,000.......how much is in the coffers of

both organizations right now?  What is the projected revenue for both
organizations in the next 4 years? How much of that revenue is going to go  to
this event? (there are other responsibilities). And how will this affect our
non-profit status?

Someone shed some light on this.  As a member, I would like some  answers.
Before 2013, please <G>.

My first concern is:  here we are, 4 years away, and the membership is  not
even aware of the totality of this event, and most don't even know much
about the WDA and their relationship with the GSDCA. Yet I hear the Parent
Club  is footing the bill.

Maybe is due time for the WDA to once again become a committee, and be
absorbed by the Parent Club.
And why not?  The separation was a temporary solution for a temporary
problem.  Right?

Where do we find information about this World Competition???  The  FCI
website only has info to shows up to 2012.  Next World Show is in  Slovakia
2009......2010 in Denmark.  Or is it under a different  organization?

And everyone, start playing the Lotto. Pay your dues on time, and let  the
donating begin.

Ileana
steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)