[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Building Majors..how??

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:22:15 -0500

That kind of cheap champion isn't an insult.
The term is meant to be insulting...and the dogs I've seen it applied to are
the ones who got their titles by beating pets and dogs from their own
kennel......fillers all, or at least most.
     In this instance the word cheap has nothing to do with cost...it has to do
with value.
   By the same token, a group of people getting together and ensuring that
there will be a major
at a show, be it an all breed show or a specialty show, is not the same as one
breeder calling
all his or her pet owners and asking them to enter a show so the breeder's
"good" prospect
can win.......sometimes the breeder will even pay the entry fees for these
dogs.  Again,
cheap doesn't denote inexpensive........it denotes quality of the dogs beaten
on the way
to the title.

Peggy