[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Buffering internet connection

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

We have Dish where I'm at and I had some trouble yesterday mine would freeze up
I'd reboot and we were good to go. My laptop isn't used to being awake for that
long and we were tired haha!!!

Bob Neiman B'N'B German Shepherds / Walled Lake, Mich.
Owner Barkalot's Felonious Assault AKA Brat and the other half of B'N'B
9-10-1997 to 12-19-2004

Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN 3-25-2002 to 6-18-2009
Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow

--- On Wed, 10/10/12, Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm

From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Buffering internet connection
To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DaList" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 8:02 PM

Thanks for the input, right after I sent the message I got disconnected.  I
couldn't get on the Internet at all.  It is my provider, Verizon... they are
shutting down my unlimited Al tel
card which they bought out, so are playing with me. I get letters and
messages that it is going down by January so I need to sign a 2 year contract.
I am holding out to the end since I will lose my unlimited internet, I still do
not see how they can do it.

I just wanted to check to make sure there was not some other reason for the
buffering.

Theresa

From: David Fritsche <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, "DaList"
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 5:56 PM

Buffering is the process by which the video is loaded from the source to
your provider and then on to your computer. It is affected by the speed of
your computer chip and memory, the speed of your connection and the speed of
the video sent. Sending is the easy part. Receiving is usually the part that
makes for jitters, jumps, pauses, etc. I don't even try. We live rural and
our connection is by satellite, and they limit the band width of downloads.
The last time I tried viewing the nationals, they shut me down in the middle
of it all and then penalized me for three months. I'd give anything for a
faster unlimited source.
Dave