[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bst of Gail, HMF interview, and stuff!

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 13:07:59 +0000 (UTC)

The Best Of Series that Gail Sprock did over the years was phenomenal!  We
have requested her releasing these interviews, without luck so far. If anyone
can get her permission, it would be a great tribute to Gail.  So many people
new to our breed never had a chance to read these and many of us would love to
visit the articles again.

Helen Miller Fisher needs to do an interview for The Review!  Lew Bunch has
kindly agreed to conduct; and the list needs to let Helen know she needs to
share with us again.  Short of begging- we want her answer to be "yes".  We
are in the process of conducting interviews with others who have been published
in the past.  Look for interviews with: Fran Ford, Doyle and Barbara
Williams, Joe Bihari, Lloyd Brackets daughter, Bob and Mary Ellen Kish, Cappy
Pottle and Gloria Birch, Jim Moses, Fred Migliore, Winn Strickland, Dave and
Martha Rinke, Barbara Amidon,---- to name a few. HMF is a great lady who
should join our esteemed list of contributors.

I had another thought to try and give back.  I think it would be wonderful to
pick a time and have a gathering of GSD friends by arranging a trip.  A cruise
or vacation spot in the summer.  I am seeking an experienced travel
coordinator to help arrange. Any takers who are GSDCA members?  I can't take
this on with The Review commitments- but I am willing to get it started and be
a team player to see that it is carried through.  Suggestions on where to go
also wanted.  Thinking late June-early July when no fut/mat conflicts.  I
would like to see this become an annual event.  I think The Fasano's annual
fun match is a great example of enjoying the camaraderie of others.

Trying to give back and see the positive side of our sport.  It is the only
way to forge ahead.

Regards

Linda Bankhead
404-936-5136

VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

Does  anyone on the list have  all the copies of Gail Sprock's The  "BEST
OF"  series.Some time ago Dania and then Linda Bankhead contacted  me
about
getting an interview with me. I felt that there had been  too many about me
in
the Quarterly(3) Dog Fancy,Dog World,and then  Gail Sprocks "the Best OF,so

declined.The idea was to publish in  Review. A few days ago,I was going
through  my trunk of old dog  stuff.and there was my copy of "Best OF". I
read my
interview by Gail ( 32  pages with 18 photos), and looked what she had
already  published  since 1981-Ted & Connie Beckhardt, Dave and Martha
Rinke,Jimmy   Moses, Fran and Joan Ford, LaMar Kuhns,Fred Migliori, and on
and on up to
me in  1993. Gail was up here at one of our shows,so visited my  kennel and
home,and we  spent 2 hrs.at the dining room table  interviewing me.
What I'm getting at,is if these interviews could be  combined in book
form,it might be something worth keeping for the  future. I've never seen
any
of the other interviews,but I'm sure, if  they were as complete as mine
was,they were great. Too much to put  in Review.  So I thought if there was

someone out there who had  the whole collection,the might want to donate it
the GSDCA,or  each of us who were interviewed could donate our copy . I
certainly   would let my interview  be used for this purpose.Fred --you are
on  the
List--do you still have you copy ?? Helen Miller  Fisher