[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Brown Update

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:22:57 EDT

I did something this week I've only done once before (OK guys, mind out of
the gutter.....)

I allowed myself to be talked into a puppy going as a surprise  present.
Two boys (in their 30's) sons to a mother with a cancer  diagnoses, post
surgery all looks good, wanted a present for mom.  Boy the  one son was
persuasive...seems mom was raised w/ GSDs, she and her husband had  GSDs before
the
children came but didn't have one since he was born...he was
allergic...he's now out of the house and on his own.

Mind you this was before the puppies were even born...took a deposit,
puppies arrived, I met the other son and a friend of his who ASSURED me this
was
 a for-ev-r home.

Boy, did I grill the two sons.  Really.

The puppy left yesterday and I was on pins and needles.  The adult  sons
planed to stay at their parents for the weekend, armed w/ crates, baby  gates,
food, dishes, toys etc. etc.

Mom "Nadine" called early this AM.  Apparently her sisters knew, her
friends knew, the neighbors knew, the only ones in the dark were she and her
husband.  She told me she was shaking so badly when her sons walked in with
the puppy that she had to sit on the floor and when the puppy came to her she
sobbed.  Nadine cried again w/ the telling. She wanted me to know the puppy
 was much loved already and was indeed in a forever home.  I explained I
wasn't too keen on the "surprise" aspect, but her sons, especially the
oldest,  were quite persuasive.  She said she knew what it was to have her
world
change in a day for the bad and again for the good.  This was for the  good.
 What can you say to that???

They are calling him "Major", as in "a major change".  Good for  them:))))

I hope Angel Eyes and Major bring their respective owners years and years
and years of joy.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 10/31/2010 9:32:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:

Trick or  treat, everybody!
Finally caught up with the conversations of  the last
week.....conclusion:  You're all crazy, except me.   LOL  (Just
kidding...I'm a little wacko
myself.)
Anyway.......One of the "Brown" litter went to her new forever home
today..<sniff>
She will own an 11-year old boy and get to be the  only dog.  When I began
to explain about names,  the boy tells  me, "I already have a name for her.

Her name is 'Angel Eyes' ".
Now I ask you........what could be a more perfect name than  that?
Jamie
P.S.  Lighten up, guys......this is  our hobby.

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/