[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeds other than a GSD(sort of long)

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:02:03 -0600

Like so many of you folks, I agree that a Corgi, which is often called a GSD
with short legs
is good.  However, having lived with both, the Cardigan is more laid back.
I've lived with so
many other breeds, having rescued and boarded forever, I never dreamed of
having a 3 lb.
POOOODLE.  Smart they are and a lot like the GSD, very easy to train as they'll
tune into
you so that you need to spell some words to try to outwit them.
I owned a rescue Dobe (red) that was absolutely one of the finest dogs I've
ever known.  I
knew he'd give up his life for me, it was right after my husband died and I
really needed
land jaws on the farm. YES I had several GSDs at the time, BUT there was
something
awesomely HUGE and intimidating about this guy.  I had him NEUTERED of course!
Never, like the poodle, did I think I'd be hooked so, but Cyrus was special.  A
Lab is loyal &
easily trained like a Golden, but without the longer fur. I always loved the
Afghan Hound and
had one years ago, beautiful fluid fast movement (black & tan too) LOVED TO
ROLL IN COW
FLOPS and with that coat - YUCK  She was a happy go lucky fun kid.    Aussies
are a smart
breed and the medium build helps at times.   However, oddly, of all the
hundreds I've had there
were only 2 or 3 dogs I knew were very very mean.  One was an Aussie, one a Pit
& the other
I recall, was a large rescue mutt  (odd looking dog too)

For a number of years I owned and showed English Pointers, a sweet loyal breed.
 I had
them double registered in the sporting registry as well as AKC.  What fantastic
hunters ---
symetrical beauty for sure.   If anyone would like, I have one of the most
interesting stories
about one of my GSDs and my first English ---- Yessss   worthy of a couple
chapters in my
book most amazing are these splendid creatures.  I MISS THEM SO MUCH.  I almost
felt
like I'd died and went to heaven while at the National this year.  Ok, I'm
gone,   Norma no L