[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeding vs. Buying

  • From: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:38:29 -0400

said in another post"...anyone can buy a good one...."
Not so, unless of course they are two years old and you pay in the five
figures.? Selecting
a star that is under three months of age takes "an eye" and a great deal of
knowledge.
Having selected two that went multiple Select and were babies when purchased, I
like to
think that there is?a lot of experience?involved.? Further, training,
conditioning and showing
those babies to adulthood and top show?careers is not something just anyone can
do.?
I loved the dogs I purchased every bit as much as I loved the dogs I bred.? My
emotions
were exactly the same whether or not they carried my kennel name.? Further
more, some
of my very favorte dogs had no titles at all...love and pride come from the
relationship
with the animal itself, the rest is just?fluff.
Helen