[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding colors & MORE.....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:34:05 -0700

You explained it perfectly.    As Evan would say............You  "don't need no
stinkin' phone"........<G>
If a black dogs ONLY carries the solid black recessive and NO OTHER COLOR
GENE.....he can
produce NO OTHER COLOR when bred to another solid black that ONLY carries the
solid black color
and NO OTHER COLOR GENE....it just isn't there.   And if it isn't
there........you can't get it.    <G>

If you breed a black to a dog that does not carry the black factor....just like
a dog that does not carry the
coat factor.......you can't get it because it is a recessive.      BOTH parents
have to carry the black gene.
Both parents have to carry the coat gene.

NOW.........can someone tell me if a missing tooth is a dominant or a
recessive???
I think it is dominant.......??

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com