[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding bitches before age 2

  • From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <grnram415@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:43:25 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

-

Never again will I breed a bitch before 3yrs of age.? I know EPI presents at
the latest at 3 yrs.? I also care more about the health and longevity of my
line far more than just having a pretty bitch to breed.? Even after a few
generations of healthy animals, I will still wait.? Unless we get the
genetic markers we need for DM, EPI and maybe even bloat/torsion.? Then,
maybe I will reconsider.? But, I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.?
JMHO

Laura

That's fine, there are enough awesome Breeders with a life time of
experience who know how to find their way around pedigrees without the
genetic obstacles or without having to lean on the Vet's for their OK to go
ahead.

Ain't wisdom grand?

Kate