[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding Question

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:48:13 EST

Why would you put her down? This is vengeance. Most of these bitches are
perfectly normal otherwise, and make good pets. You would put her down for
punishment for something she had no control over. Syd

In a message dated 2/13/2008 11:17:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx writes:
A friend  of mine had a bitch that was rock solid with people and males but
tried to  kill her puppies. One litter and Eva gave her away with no papers me
I'd have  put her down.
Bob Neiman
Terry Cochran  <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Insist that the bitches  temperament be evaluated. There are several tester
in your area. You can  contact the GSDC of Oregon or the GSDC of Washington
state. Dalene McIntyre is  part of the GSDCA temperament program and I am sure
she would be glad to  evaluate temperament of the bitch. If the bitch conceives
and lets the pups  live and if they are less than wonderful guess who is going
to be blamed for  the poor temperamen?. I have turned more people down to
breed to one of my  males than I ever allowed to breed to them. If the bitch
has
questionable  temperament she should not be bred. She is the one raising the
puppies and she  is the one they will imprint too.
Terry
TRocknroll@xxxxxxx wrote:
I  am not knowledgeable in this subject so I am asking for advice.

A  couple are wanting to breed to my dog but, i'm very scared for this
reason.

They bought a bitch at 31/2 years old that was not socialized  and had
issues. Soon after they bought the bitch, she came into season,  and they
bred her.
The bitch destroyed the litter of five. The owner is a  very nervous
person, bitch was new in their home and had not settled into  the family.

The bitch is now six and very has settled down and very  much at home in her
environment now. They want to breed her. They asked me  if I thought she
would destroy the litter. I don't have an answer. Told  the couple I would
put
a post on the list and ask. SO, breeders, what do  you think?

I know of two instances where this has happened and both  times, owners
spayed the bitch. I also told the couple that and they  didn't say anything.
Terry & Larry Rock
FaithRock German  Shepherds
58877 Ward Drive
St. Helens, OR 97051
314.494.4110 Cell

**************The year's  hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.

POST  is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original
author  and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any
kind are  permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the
Showgsd-l  Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE  LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS  OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact  the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org

Looking  for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!  Search.