[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding Question

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, TRocknroll@xxxxxxx, List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:59:32 -0800 (PST)

A friend of mine had a bitch that was rock solid with people and males but
tried to kill her puppies. One litter and Eva gave her away with no papers me
I'd have put her down.
  Bob Neiman
Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Insist that the bitches temperament be evaluated. There are several tester in
your area. You can contact the GSDC of Oregon or the GSDC of Washington state.
Dalene McIntyre is part of the GSDCA temperament program and I am sure she
would be glad to evaluate temperament of the bitch. If the bitch conceives and
lets the pups live and if they are less than wonderful guess who is going to be
blamed for the poor temperamen?. I have turned more people down to breed to one
of my males than I ever allowed to breed to them. If the bitch has questionable
temperament she should not be bred. She is the one raising the puppies and she
is the one they will imprint too.
Terry
TRocknroll@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am not knowledgeable in this subject so I am asking for advice.

A couple are wanting to breed to my dog but, i'm very scared for this reason.

They bought a bitch at 31/2 years old that was not socialized and had
issues. Soon after they bought the bitch, she came into season, and they bred
her.
The bitch destroyed the litter of five. The owner is a very nervous
person, bitch was new in their home and had not settled into the family.

The bitch is now six and very has settled down and very much at home in her
environment now. They want to breed her. They asked me if I thought she
would destroy the litter. I don't have an answer. Told the couple I would put
a post on the list and ask. SO, breeders, what do you think?

I know of two instances where this has happened and both times, owners
spayed the bitch. I also told the couple that and they didn't say anything.
Terry & Larry Rock
FaithRock German Shepherds
58877 Ward Drive
St. Helens, OR 97051