[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding Dogs is an Artform, not a Science

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:15:44 -0400

People want to know why entries are down, why attendance is down?  When is
he last time that the MAJORITY of people sat GLUED watching the dogs at dog
how and were "OH MY GOD I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS!!! LOOK AT THAT DOG!!" about the
ame dogs in classes deep in quality?  We have few *truly* excellent dogs at
hows anymore, when it used to be the majority were very good.

Kathaleen,

You are definately right on in the above statement.  I remember going to shows
and the excitment and goosebumps when two or three or more outstanding quality
dogs were battling it out for 1st place and the judge kept working them and
working them waiting and the excitement escalated at ringside, people were
stomping, clamping yelling..... how many of those shows have we attended
lately.  How many shows have you gone to and wish you owned the winners because
they truly excited you..... its something to think about