[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder's Code

  • From: Luanne Crinklaw <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

The Board needs to wake up and smell the coffee on this. Many people already
have this clause in their contracts and many of us in our stud contracts as
well. Why when OFA is so important would anyone want to breed to a dog who
isn't? My breeder made that mistake and now I have a dog who is major pointed
that I can't finish because his elbow gave out before we could get that last
major. If I known the stud wasn't OFA'd I would have never let my female be
leased to breed to him. I think what Jaime is trying to do is what the majority
wants and the board needs to get with it.
  Luanne

  the new proposed Breeders Code that I have presented to
 the
Board (several times) is a composite of many of the codes of other
 breeds....some
with much stronger language than ours, some less so.
   So far, the objections to my new proposed code have been the
 language that
stresses using a contract that uses a PET spay/neuter/limited clause.
  Also
the clause that states parents should be OFA'd before breeding.  From
 what I am
led to understand,  these two issues are hanging up the approval of the
 new
Breeders Code.  AGAIN, not to be confused with a general membership
 ethics
code.
Jamie

Building a website is a piece of cake.