[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeders

  • From: "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:42:06 -0500

It's very unfair for people to have expectations beyond what was mutually
agreed upon by both parties - such as a refund when the agreement is for a
replacement under certain conditions - then badmouth the party.  I keep
seeing all these statements about what breeders "should" do that was not or
is not in an agreement between two individuals.  If either side wants
more/less then the other party is willing to agree to, then walk away and
buy elsewhere.  Both parties are responsible for their own decisions and
actions.  Don't come back later and DEMAND something that was not part of
the agreement.  No one "owes" anybody anything that wasn't agreed upon even
if uninvolved parties feel "it's the right thing to do".   However, if
treated respectfully and asked nicely, you'd be surprised how many breeders
are willing to go beyond what was agreed to in writing.   I've replaced dogs
well beyond what I contractually agreed to just because they were wonderful
homes and nice people.   I've also told people to go pound sand when they
made DEMANDS for something outside of the agreement with a nasty attitudes
and innuendos.

JMO!
Melissa