[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder responsibility

  • From: "Kay Springer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "showgsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:06:48 -0800

I so agree with this post. EVERY breeder who is responsible for bringing a puppy into this world is responsible for that puppy it's entire life. If you can not take a dog back because you do not have the physical set up in your home, which I do not, then you take the dog back and pay for boarding at a good kennel until you can rehome that dog.

Also, I will not let my stud dog be used by any breeder unless they agree to this. I also feel that the owner of a stud dog has a responsibility for any of its progeny. When Janice Staley suddenly passed away, she had 4 Strider progency in her kennel. I took responsibility for those dogs, They were picked up the next day and either fostered with friends who had room or placed in forever homes.

I also firmly believe that all breeders should be involved/support in their local breed rescue organization. There are many things you can do. . . foster, counsel/interview protential adoptors, shelter evaluations, work adoption events, work on fund raising committees, publicity committee, tech support, donate money etc.

JMHO...but feel very STRONG on this subject.

Kay Springer, Showboat Shepherds
Www.showboatgsd.com -- showgsd@xxxxxxx
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
DAE GCh. Rohan's Reward ROM TC CGC HT RE CDX NW 1
GSDCA Health Award of Merit, CHIC, DM normal
"Strider" 80 BOBs 2008 Eukanuba; BOS 2009 Eukanuba
On Jan 19, 2015, at 7:41 PM, (Redacted sender "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

EVERY breeder should microchip or tattoo their pups and re-claim them, if needed. EVERY breeder should have something in their puppy contract that says they get the puppy back, if buyer can't keep the puppy/dog.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd