[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder responsibility

  • From: Mary Tripp <mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:38:10 -0600

So true Dave

Mary

At 09:12 PM 1/19/2015, David Fritsche wrote:
I never try to be too good, but then….

One of the values of have a board that is elected, as in all cases of voted in officers, is that they come from the general membership, not from an appointed elite. Fallible system, but far better than the alternatives. The advantage is that they are part of ‘US’, We meet then at the shows, get to know them, etc. Yes, they are often held to a higher standard or they do not get reelected, but by and large, they are only asked by the system to meet the standard expected of all members. That is both the beauty of it and the problem with it.

When I listen to some of our national political leaders talk, I am thankful for our GSDCA Board. At least they can form full sentences and use words of more than one syllable.

Dave