[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder needs puppy help - urgent LONG

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:42:07 -0400

Forget the rats.  I'd like to know why the sick puppies weren't taken to the
vet's *office* or an emergency clinic after the very *first* puppy died.  The
List is great when it comes to helping with minor/chronic problems, but we are
not veterinarians and did not have firsthand knowledge or hands-on contact with
these poor puppies.

How can we offer any insight into what happened to these pups?  Weren't they a
little old for diagnosing something like "fading puppy" syndrome?  They didn't
appear to be suffering from something obvious like Parvo either.  Given the low
body temperature and the gray gums, all one can say about them is that they
went into shock.  Other than that, what can one infer from a post?

If the breeder could not afford to take the puppies into a vet's office, they
should *not* be breeding.  In a dire situation like this, consulting with a vet
over the phone is not good enough.  Obviously!  I do hope the rest of the
puppies will be okay and a necropsy will reveal why those puppies died.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam