[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeder brags

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 00:42:42 EDT

Just had to share --
Erynbrook's They Call Me Mimi (Sel. Ch. Cathlin's Tobruk PT x  Erynbrook's
Black Diamond CGC, HIC, RN)completed her Rally Novice title this  past weekend
at the Rio Grande Kennel Club. Mimi is owned by fellow lister Karen  Paone who
has proven to be the owner every breeder wishes they could find. Karen  does
everything with Mimi, obedience, rally, herding, not sure if she has taken  on
tracking yet. She has given Mimi a great (spoiled rotten) life  while making
sure that Mimi has a "job" and gets to  experience the fun things that our dogs
can and love to do.

Meanwhile a little closer to home Erynbrook's Criminal Mischief aka "Bill"
(Ch. Schneiderhof's Law and Order x Lonestar Erynbrook Fatal Attraction), who
will be 2 this month, has been busy at the local library letting kids read
aloud  to him in the Paws to Read program. He's been doing this since he was 8
months  old and all the kids love him. He's a great ambassador for our breed as
most  parents are accustomed to seeing Golden Retrievers and the like and are
very  surprised to see a GSD being so good with kids. When he wasn't
encouraging  youngsters to read, Bill was busy getting certified to visit
patients in
the  hospital. He dressed up as Superman last Halloween and was a big hit. He
now  visits all floors in the hospital and has his own hospital I.D. His owner
Barbara Roberts is now introducing him to some Rally, Obedience and
non-stress  (no jumping, etc) Agility.

This may not be our year in conformation (waiting for kids to mature),  but
we are tickled pink to see these  kids doing so many other things!
Susan Casey & Nancie Phelps
Erynbrook German  Shepherds
Front Range German Shepherd  Rescue