[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeder Brag! BOB! and Rainbow Bridge

  • From: Gail Caldwell <angelrungsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 01:42:57 -0800 (PST)

Today under Michael Cheeks at Long Beach Summerside's
Pepsi v Angelrun went Best of Breed at her first
weekend out as a special! I know Ann Giddings is doing
the happy dance!! I am very grateful to Ann for her
commitment to finishing Pepsi. Pepsi will be taking
time off to try her paw in the whelping box. If her
mom is any indication, she will be an excellent mom.
Did I mention she is OFA good hips and normal elbows?
On a sadder note, a week ago Pepsi's mom lost her life
to hemangiosarcoma. I placed her with my previous
neighbor from Monterey county 2 1/2 years ago when
Jackie died. Irma is a great owner and was devastated
when she had to put Finney down. Finney was a
wonderful bitch with an impeccable temperament who
made Irma love GSDs so this week I will be making the
trip to Prunedale to bring her an older bitch
belonging to my friend who really needs to cut down on
dogs. She will enjoy the beautiful temperate climate
of Monterey county with at least a half acre fenced, a
dog door so she can come and go as she pleases, good
food, and a soft bed to sleep on if she so chooses.
Other members of her family will include a rescued
Rottie with bad hips and a couple of cats. And Irma is
retired, so she will have almost constant
companionship.
Finney is the second bitch I have owned to die of
hemangiosarcoma, different bloodlines. The first one
was 41 days in whelp. Seems I have heard a lot about
this particular cancer.
Gail

Gail Caldwell
Angelrun German Shepherds