[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breed standard

  • From: Cyndi Flautt <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx" <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:08:59 -0600

Another point... You can compare our dogs that are conditioned
(roadworked, etc) for the conformation  ring to Sara's  horses used
for trail rides...Just as the horses must have the conformation, good
musculature/ ligamentation, metabolism, mentality to do what is asked,
so must our dogs.  Just ask anyone who has conditioned a dog for the
National!   Even the dogs who show in small rings will look better if
they are are in condition....So in that sense, conformation folks are
working their dogs... Obviously this isn't the only type of work a GSD
can/ should do, but it is an important part.
~Cyndi Flautt
...an oldbie at conformation but a newbie at rally!

Sent from my iPhone