[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breed Standard-Objective vs Sugjective Faults???

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 19:14:42 -0700 (PDT)

What is a high shoulder? Ann
Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  One that I find must be
subjective if front angulation. I see great differences not only in current
dogs, but in what was most popular 5 years ago and what is considered better
today. I saw a lot of high shoulders when I first came back to showing. But now
I see something much closer to MY interpretation of the Standard.

Objectivly, teeth, they can be counted, and as long as there are enough for a
dog to eat, and to give a good bite, I think it ought to be more subjective. If
the dog can do the job.....
sheila
"D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" wrote:
In an effort to keep Listers continually reading the GSD Standard, I am
asking which faults listed in the Standard do you consider objective and
which do you consider subjective? This might partially answer why there is
such a disparity in the judging you see today in the confirmation ring. I
do not have the answers but I think a dialog with how different people
perceive faults might help us get a better understanding of what goes on in
the ring. Does this sound reasonable or am I way off base? D.D.

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1¢/min.

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Ann
www.edangsd.com
home of #1 2005 Major producing Dam, I've Got It All of Edan ROM
Breeder/owner of 58 Champions and 16 Register of Merit
I've Got Ch Mechanical Bull-Can Sel #4 Ch MeMe puppies