[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breed Problems

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:07:03 -0500

Hi All;
I have to say that I agree with Peggy on the problems with fronts. I have been
blessed to own dogs over the years with correct outstanding fronts and what I
am seeing so much is just lifting with no follow through and incorrect fronts
as Peggy stated cause other problems in structure and movement.

I am also very concerned about health issues, as most of the dogs that are bred
go to pet homes to be a part of the family. I have been fortunate to have many
of my GSD love long and healthy lives. My oldest right now is 11, her daughter
9 and lost her mother in April at
13 and ahalf. But, I have  also lost 3 lovely girls at 5 months, 2 and ahalf
years and 8 years to Toxic Gut and that broke my heart.

My dogs are first my pets and Show Dogs second. My Akita pup just had surgery
last week for a lump on her side, which was a granuloma (spelling), caused by
an injury, but all I cared about was that she was OK and I did not care if she
ever set foot in the ring and long as she was OK.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.