[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bred-by....

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:03:12 -0500

You are right about the differences in breeds.  I have had several all breed
judges comment to me in the ring about "you Shepherd people and your Am bred
class".   Many breeds do not utilize the Am Bred class like us,  especially at
all breed shows.  When I was showing our Shiba Inu, we put her in Am Bred once
at an all breed and of course she was the only one in that class.  All the
other Shiba people asked us what we were thinking and pretty much made fun of
us because they never use Am bred.  They go from Puppy classes straight to Open
or Bred-by.

That said, even those all breed judges that made those comments did put up the
best dog there in most cases, and did so from Am Bred when granted.  If the
judges is a good one they will find the best dog there regardless of the class.
 You just have to keep making your lists of good, bad or otherwise.  I
certainly have mine!  vbg

Jeff Pyle