[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breaking up dog fights

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "TISHW@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:32:11 -0400

I found that if one got another one down, the whole crew, if loose, wanted
to get in on the action.  Must be some kind of "call of the wild" instinct"
 where the group goes in to kill the prey.  Whew, I'm glad I'm not dealing
with dog fights any more!

Tish

In a message dated 9/25/2014 11:43:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When we  had our ONLY dog fight (Thank goodness) and one dog had the other
dog on its  back and by the throat, I put my arm around the aggressor's
neck/throat and  choked her until she let go.    She had to either let go or
pass  out.

BTW - this was an intact bitch trying to kill an older  neutered male.  The
fight started with an intact male attacking the older  male.  Once that
male was stopped and taken away, the bitch attacked the  older male.  And, she
wanted to kill him for sure.

Barb Hively  - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German  Shepherd