[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brags and Thank You's........a tad long

  • From: Ariel cassista <gsdlover420@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:50:28 -0500

 What a year it has been to say the least!  I want to thank everyone in the
German Shepherd world for their support this year. I'm not sure if I could have
done it without the kind words, advice and help I've received since Laurie's
passing.  I want everyone to know how much I appreciate all the support. There
are too many to name, but every single person who has been there for me I am
very grateful! I do want to thank some special people. First to Linda Novotasky
who, in my opinion, is not only one of the nicest people in dogs but one of the
nicest people ever created.  She has been there for me for many years always
lending a word of encouragement and has given great homes to some of the dogs
we co-own.  I hope she knows how special she is! Also to Amanda Ireland, who
has helped me so much by taking dogs for me to work with them and socialize.
Taking dogs so I had someone who could double them while I showed them. For
doing such an awesome job raising and finishing CH Luke and CH Justice and for
helping with Miss Luvey. For being my travel companion and making dog shows
still enjoyable.  But mostly for being my friend and making me laugh. To Pat
and Steve Roda for being so involved with and supporting dogs that go back to
their stuff, even generations back. And for being a part in Luvey.  To Lee and
Ed Parkhurst for giving Liza such a great home, and keeping her the spoiled
little brat I created her to be! To Karen Harms for consistently giving me good
dogs to show......even though they rip my hands apart! To Sean, Abbey and Jeff
for showing my dogs so great because I can no longer do it on my own. Thanks
for being my friends.  Also thanks to Abbey, Ian & Kim McKechnie for trusting
me to show their Ch. Stonewall's Lookaliker at the National, resulting in my
VERY FIRST Select and making my first national really on my own very special!

As I continue trying to keep Laurie's memory alive I want to do a little bit of
bragging on the continued success of the Windy Acres' dogs!

In June Amanda Ireland and I finished Ch. Windy Acres' Sweet Justice v Dirigo
(Windy Acres' All Mine x Jlyn's Felony v Windy Acres') "Justice" was bred by
Laurie Pruett, Linda Novotasky and Myself.  Owned by Amanda Ireland, Laurie
Pruett and Myself.  Justice was finished with ALL of her points coming from the
Bred-By Class!  Both Justice and her litter brother Hunk were finished from the
Bred-by class, not sure if this is a first but it sure is something I'm very
proud of and something Laurie couldn't wait to see done!

Windy Acres' I Did It My Way (Ch. Sirius Parks' Kojack Bihari x Ch. Windy
Acres' My Oh My) "Frankie" took 2 specialty major reserves from the 12-18 class
this summer as well as a 3rd in his Futurity class.  Thank you to John Beamont,
Jorge Noya, and Cindy Bartley for these wins.  Also, thanks to my friend Sean
Conboy for showing "Mistah Man" for me.  I couldn't have done it without you!
Frankie is bred and owned by Laurie Pruett and Myself and Co-owned with Lee
Parkhurst.

Windy Acres' My Fair Lady of Sirius Park (Ch. Sirius Parks' Kojack Bihari x Ch.
Windy Acres' My Oh My) "Liza" picked up her first 2 points from the Bred By
class this summer under judge Carl Gomes.  Liza was Bred by Laurie and Myself
and owned by Ed and Lee Parkhurst and Laurie and Myself.  Watch for Liza this
spring! I also want to thank Ed and Lee for giving Liza such a great home Good
show homes are hard to come by and in my next life I think I want to come back
and live as one of the Parkhursts' dogs!!

Windy Acres' All in The Family (Ch. Windy Acres VIP v Dorman x Am/Can Ch. Windy
Acres Winner Takes All) "Archie" was only shown twice this year, as he only
needs 1 major to finish (all but 1 point coming from Bred-By) taking major
reserves at both shows.  Arch is Bred and Owned by Laurie Pruett and Myself.

Windy Acres' Capital Gains v Jlyn (Ch. Sirius Parks' Kojack Bihari x Jlyn's
Felony v Windy Acres') "Cappy" went 3rd Novice bitch at the GSDCA National
under Judge Lee Brown.  Cappy is bred and owned by Laurie, Myself and Linda
Novotasky. She was handled by Linda Bankhead.  Thank You guys!

Ch. Windy Acres-Dirigo Lookin' For Trouble  (Sel. Ch. Bill Mars Here Comes
Trouble x Windy Acres' Ben in a Sprit) "Luke" took multiple Best of Breeds this
year.  Amanda and I are excited to show Luke at Westminster this year! It will
be the first time for both of us and a promise we made to Laurie. Luke is Bred
by Laurie and Myself and Owned by Amanda Ireland, Laurie and Myself. Luke has
also been entertaining the ladies, with some very nice progeny starting their
careers!

Windy Acres' All My Luvin' (Ch. Windy Acres' Hunka Burnin' Luv v Jlyn x Am/Can
Ch. Windy Acres' Winner Takes All) "Luvey" has had a great end to the year.
Picking up points this spring she was only shown a few times before the
national where she took 3rd in 12-18! Most recently at Windham County Kennel
Club in West Springfield Mass, Luvey went WB, BOW and BOB over specials under
Judge Doris Werdermann then onto a Group 2 under judge Dr. Sophia Kaluzniacki
from the BRED BY class over some of the top herding dogs in the country! Then
to finish the year of shows off with a bang this weekend at South Worcester
County Kennel Club under Judge Dave Colemen Luvey went winners bitch for a
major!! Luvey was handled at the National and to her major by my friend Abbey
Hathaway!! Luvey was bred by Laurie Pruett, Myself, Steve and Pat Roda and
owned by Laurie Pruett, Myself, Amanda Ireland and Linda Novotasky.

So as the show year ends, although I'm glad to have time to breath I find
myself anxiously planning the next string of shows with my constant (and quite
spoiled I might add) companions.  My biggest thank you of all is to Laurie
Pruett for being my mentor since the age of 9.  Without her help I never would
have had this passion in my life, the thing that makes me tick and keeps me
going. The love for dogs and a the taste of success. I'm not sure if thank you
is enough to show how eternally grateful I am to be involved with something I
love so much! But none the less, THANK YOU Laurie!!! I only hope I can do it
half as good as you did!

If anyone is wondering, we will be putting together the information for
Laurie's add soon.  Life gets a little crazy sometimes, especially as of late,
but we have not forgotten.  Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Thanks for listening

Ariel Cassista
Windy Acres'
ariel.cassista@xxxxxxxxx