[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brags & Litter Announcement

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:55:43 -0700

The show is now over, and the memories will live on.

Having had to keep Marcus a little off his conditioning routine due to an
injury, I was so very pleased to see him in the big ring looking so good.
Thank you to Lorry Bellah for all your work with Marcus (aka BOF Lorien's
Park Avenue).  They have a love/hate relationship - she likes him, he hates
her. but she gets him to work for her! LOL   To be placed 3rd in such a
strong group of young males was very exciting for me.  Getting to see this
dog in the big ring made me even more excited!  Thank you to Mr. Kish for
appreciating Marcus' gorgeous correct forehand, motion and beautiful type!
Also thanks to Twyla Miner for letting me have a good one!

Then I started working with the puppy I brought along.  "Rodney's" from our
first litter in 7 years at home, sired by Lorien's Park Avenue (Marcus) out
of Cedar Canyon Dora - I really debated bringing and showing this puppy.  8
months old is not the best time usually, but we were driving and I thought,
what the heck.  He has had little ring training, but he is such a sound guy
with a great show attitude, I decided to just go with it.  Boy, was I
surprised!  Thanks to Dr. Battaglia for recognizing Rodney's gorgeous
substantial Black & RED body with the coordinated, fluid motion that I love
so much and placing him 2nd in a big class of boy puppies!  Also thanks to
Christina Szparga (sp) for your help in getting "Rodney" (Inflight's Singin'
In The Rain) around the ring so classily.

A big thanks needs to be given to my good friends Pam O'Dell (Norberge) and
Lenny Bellah for helping with both the boys.  It's hard to be in all the
right places all the time, and it was really nice to have someone else to
help ring the bells.

So, on the way home Sunday, the phone calls were flying - Grandma, my sister
Cindy (her first time at this), Angie (also her first time) and my Uncle
Leon and Aunt Joann were at home with Dora.  When I bred her I hoped that
she'd hold off having the babies til I got back - we were 36 hours short.
Thanks to the Home Crew for getting the job done!

Whelped 10/21/2007:  4 big puppies (ranging from 23.4oz-26.7oz) - 3 Males (2
solid Blacks and 1 Dark Sable) & 1 Bitch (dark Sable).

This is a repeat of the S-Litter, from which Singin' in the Rain came from.
Guess that means that Marcus and Dora carry the black factor too!

Kathaleen