[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brags

  • From: "Barbara or DTA Amidon" <amidon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 16:30:55 GMT

We have a few brags..The beautiful AMBERS RJ V SCHERLOS won intermediate class
and RESERVE FUTURITY.TODAY .at the specialty he won American bred and a 5pt
reserve..In New Jersey his sister AMBERS CHANNEL ALSO won a large American bred
class.at the specialty .Both are Ambers miss Daiseys progeny by Ch.Scherlos
Rogue..Daiseys older son Ambers Carribean stud was 2nd open Friday he has 11pts
both majors..Sired by Snake. His 7 month old son by snake and Daisey went best
opposite puppy owner Iza Kabuska We anticipate  Miss Daiseys last litter by
Champion Karizmas Nicaragua to be great..Thanks to all the owners without great
owners the dogs would not be doing the winning.Barbara Amidon PS both Maturity
winner Nicaragua and reserve futurity are out of Ch. Ambers Kahlua creme
daughters

www.amber-german-shepherds.com

  #1: From: Nikirie98@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: Litter Announcement!!
  #2: From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Weekend Brag...
  #3: From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  Subject: MidWest Futurity
  #4: From: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Signed letter from a Vet?
  #5: From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Signed letter from a Vet?
  #6: From: LauraEG@xxxxxxx
  #7: From: "mollydog" <mollydog320@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: heartworm
  #8: From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Mechanical Bull Kids Brags from MW Futurity
  #9: From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Litter anouncement
  #10: From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: no posts
  #11: From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  Subject: A Dogs Prayer
  #12: From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Update on liberated GSDs..long
  #13: From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  #14: From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: GSDCA correspondence
  #15: From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: no posts
  #16: From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Kentucky Derby

  Msg: #1 in digest
  From: Nikirie98@xxxxxxx
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 05:12:39 EDT

  This morning Nikiree's Instant Star (FV CH Nikiree's Summer Premiere
  daughter) gave birth to 5 healthy dark black and tan babies!!  3 boys - 2
girls.
  Proud Papa is Ch Darby-Dan's Sampson (Sel Can/An Ch Jim Von Fiemereck ROM,
Sch 3
  son)

  She did an awesome job and we are both exhausted so it's time to go to bed.
  Inquiries are welcome on these little ones.

  Karen

  _Nikiree Shepherds_ (http://www.nikireeshepherds.com/)

  Proud owners & breeders of:

  FV Ch Nikiree's Summer Premiere OFA
  (Am Ch pt) Can Ch Nikiree's Midnight Mayhem TC, OFA
  (Am Ch pt) Nikiree's League Of Her Own OFA Prelim
  Nikiree's Instant Star OFA Prelim
  Nikiree's Charmed and Dangerous

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 06:02:55 -0400
  From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>

  At the York County Kennel Club yesterday in Acton, Maine:

  Windy Acres' Hunka Burnin' Luv v J-Lyn went WD and BOS from the bred-by
  class to add another point to his repertoire.   Hunk was beautifully
  presented by his co-owner and breeder, Ariel Cassista.  Our goal is to
  finish Hunk and his sister from the bred-by class - a tough thing to do
  with a shepherd  - but we'll get there.  Hunk, who just turned two,  has
  4 points, one major, and has placed in his class at two GSDCA and GSDCC
  nationals.

  Hunk put his beautiful bi-color daughter - Windy Acres' Whole Lotta Luv
  - from his first litter on an airplane yesterday to New Mexico.
  "Lottie" - who won best female puppy at the Northeast Conformation
  Olympics - has gone to live with Jamie Walker and her Leroy Brown as a
  house dog.  While it was hard to say "good-bye" to a really good one, we
  couldn't ask for a better co-owner than Jamie.  Now I have an excuse to
  travel west to dog shows....

  Laurie Pruett
  Windy Acres

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 06:53:09 -0400
  From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx

  HI,
  I don't know if this is going thru the list...haven't gotten ANY emails from
List for over a day... BUT I DID HEAR From LESLIE & JOE BECCIA...Their "Sunny"
- Signature's Miami v. Kridler (2006 Nationals RWB) was Best in Futurity under
Judge Katty Potter.
  WAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Tari Kridler (watch the LIVE StellaPups Cam at
http://24.239.114.253:3051/Aview.htm )
  Home of 2003 GVx Ch.Kridler's Ruby& 2xSel. Ch. Kridler's Quno & Kridler's
K9-11 GSD Rescue@ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com
  * Once again Free Advertising of ShowQuality GSDs @ www.showgsds4sale.com
AOL at AOL.com.

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  From: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 06:55:28 EDT

  Hello Everyone,

    Ok this is might be an interesting  topic... Someone was telling they once
  heard of a Dog finishing it's  Championship who had an obvious fault (I know
  happens all the time  <vbg>). This fault was caused by injury & this dog had
  note signed  by a Veterinarian which explained that fault was caused by
injury
  & was not  a fault the dog was born with. The handler would show this note to
  the judge in  the ring I guess. Is such a thing even permitted by AKC? How
  would you  judges out there feel about a signed letter from a Veterinarian in
  your ring  & how serious would you consider such a thing? Would you disregard
an
   obvious fault if a signed letter from a Vet explained it was the  result of
  injury?
     Maybe the person who told me this story was mistaken, I think  they might
  be but I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about it.

  Bonnie  Jenkins
  BonJen Shepherds
  _www.BonJen.com_ (http://www.BonJen.com)

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 04:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>

  I have head of it, especially with teeth/ears injuries.

  Ann Marie
    www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
    Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
  R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
  Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (Both Majors/Group placer)

    Breeder/Owner of
    Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (Multiple Group Placer)

  ---------------------------------
  Need Mail bonding?

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  From: LauraEG@xxxxxxx
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 08:42:12 EDT

  In a message dated 5/6/2007 7:08:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
  BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx writes:
  The  handler would show this note to
  the judge in  the ring I guess. Is  such a thing even permitted by AKC? How
  would you  judges out there  feel about a signed letter from a Veterinarian
  in
  your ring  &  how serious would you consider such a thing? Would you
  disregard an
  obvious fault if a signed letter from a Vet explained it was the   result of
  injury?

  I believe, (heaven knows how many years ago) Nan & Hall Keys showed a  bitch
  that had one of her ears half bitten off, and she finished her  Championship
-
  I understood that she had a letter from a vet.  So that has  been around
  since at least the middle 70's.

  Laura in Chesapeake, VA

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  From: "mollydog" <mollydog320@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 08:49:06 -0400

  FWIW:
  I have lived in two "heartworm hotspots".  Giving heartworm year-round is
very important.  But remember, even if we give year-round, the annual heartworm
test is essential!  I know a breeder in MA who lost a GSD just that way (or so
he claims).  He gave the meds, but d/n have an annual test done.
  Jean

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 06:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
  From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull of Edan kids had a great day
  at the MW Futurity.  Bull Lee of San-Jo, owned and
  bred by Joe Henig, went BOS in the Futurity from the
  Junior Dog class.  He was beautifully presented by
  Christina Szparaga. His litter sister San Jo's Ikon
  went 2nd in a huge Junior Bitch class.She was shown by
  Jeff Pyle.  They are out of Dezaray's Ultimate desire.
                                            Meant to Be
  of Edan. out of Ch Me First me First of Edan went Best
  in the Amateur Futurity, shown by Jake Chriss.
                                     I've got it All of
  Edan ROM had a good day also. Ch MmmMmm Good of Edan
  was 3rd in a very large deep in quality Jr Maturity
  class and her litter brother Good Just Got Better of
  Edan was Best in Amateur Maturity and 2nd Jr Maturity
  Dog. They are sired by Rollins. A Big Thank goes to
  Kathy Potter and to Cindy Bartley for these nice wins.

  Ann , Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1 Dam I've Got It All ROM
       Breeder-Owner of 62 Champions and 18 ROMs
   www.edangsd.com

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #9 in digest
  From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 13:40:33 GMT

  After a very tiring night and little sleep I'd like to announce a new litter.

  Proud mama, Ch. Candia's From The Get Go OFA (Ch. Jagan's Valentino
  ROMxCandia's Honeysuckle and Ivy ROM) gave birth to 4 boys & 1 girl.  This
  litter is sired by, BOF, BOM, Ch. Hickory Hill's Shock N' Ya'll OFA
  (HarrisonxBrickhouse).  The proud parents and puppies pedigree can be
  seen on my website.

  CandyZ

  candiasgsd.com

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #10 in digest
  From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:03:15 -0400

  I am getting other posts but nothing at all from this list.   Has
  everyone gone away :-)?
  Anne, TN

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #11 in digest
  From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:16:43 EDT

  I thought this was appropriate to send to the List,after the dealing  with
  the recent problems---- to lift our spirits & remind us what is  really
  important to us--the GSDs  Helen Miller Fisher

  Dear Lord:
  Please watch over our humans, they are so weak.
  They have no claws or teeth, they can't run fast or fly away, neither can
  they burrow or build a nest in which to be safe.
  They smell bad, do strange things that aren't altogether intelligent,  have
  no real ability to communicate with us, although we are able to figure  out
  what they want.

  Grant us the ability to watch over our humans, care  for them, cheer them
  when they are down, make them laugh, smile, and shower  them with our love.
  We pray that we can bring a little joy into their otherwise mundane
  existence.

  Please let them know that when we insist on getting  attention, it is so we
  can check their emotional well being and boost their  morale.
  When we pester them for different foods, toys, etc., it's so they will  learn
  to see us in ways they hadn't considered, bringing them closer and back  into
  the fold ... which they are part of but keep forgetting  about.

  They expect us to know what they want even though sometimes they  don't know
  what we want.
  Some of them really try and we know they love us but some of them are so
  dumb yet our love for them remains intensely unfaltering.

  When we die, please make sure to send us ahead to where ever our humans  are
  going to be, so we can pave the way for them, vouch for them and be there
for
  them when they too die.

  Please allow us to continue proving the  humans are worth the effort.
  You placed these humans in dominion over us, but you charged us with the
  task of caring for them and showing them your love every day, through  us.

  God bless these mere mortal humans, they know not that we are their  guardian
  angels sent in love to task them so that they may grow to be part of  your
  plan.

  Amen

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #12 in digest
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 07:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>

    Just a quick note to let everyone know what has been going on in the last
week with the GSD's who have either been rescued, need rescue, or are going TO
rescue.
  Thru the generosity of the people on this list, you have contributed to the
lives of:
      Willow, Chance, Harley, Buddy, Luckie, Gretchen, Shandra, Blake who has
an offer of foster here in Mass and maybe even a ride all the way from Georgia
thanks to the dog underground railroad, little miss no name in Murray county
who will hopefully be going to Jarnee's next week, Bocca in Illinois, the mange
eaten puppy in GSROC, Chelsea another Georgia owner surrender, and working on
Alexis in Floyd County (Rome Ga.) and a VERY pregnant GSD momma in Ohio who is
in DESPERATE need of someone to foster her in a safe enviornment while she has
her babies. Forgive me if I have forgotten someone; there have been so
many....there were 5 in a South Los Angeles shelter who I forwarded on to
GSROC, as well as a senior gal who they have committed to.
  Thru the compassion of the people on this list, these dogs will not die in a
gas chamber or thru an IP injection; in agony for hours waiting for death to
relieve their pain. Either thru cash donations, networking, driving LONG hours,
offering to foster,
  make things to be sold for rescue, or simply offering a silent prayer for
their safety, you have shown your love for this breed and your desire to stand
by it. There are no words of thanks that could convey what these dogs are now
feeling.
  The joy of a good meal, a soft bed, and a loving hand; maybe for the first
time in their life.....
    Please take a moment and check your petfinder sites in your local
area...call your shelters and ask what their euthanization methods are and join
the fight to stop the gas chambers, IP and heartstick injections! Demand humane
treatment for ALL shelter animals in your towns, counties, states! Find out who
is the responsible GSD rescue group in your area and keep in touch with them.
Offer to update phone numbers with the various shelters in your area...many of
them are out of date leaving the shelter no one to call when they recieve a
GSD! Georgia people, PLEASE take serious note!! They are comming out of the
woodwork in your state! There does NOT seem to be enough fosters or rescues to
take them; many will be not make it out without your help! Something in that
state needs to change IMMEDIATLEY!!! There are also allegations of severe
animal cruelty being perpetrated on the shelter animals in Walker county
Georgia shelter. To find out more about this, please go to United
   States Animal Protection's website.This groups focus is strictly animal
shelter reform and they are NOT pro Peta and have been INCREDIBLY helpful in my
search for transport and 501's to pull our beloved GSDs! Blake would not have
gotten out without their assistance!
    In the Rowan Kentucky pound, dogs are eating puppies and tearing each other
apart. They are putting dogs and bitches in together with no regard for anyones
safety! Please bring the voice of reason to bear on this situation by writing
the politicians and begging them to make the necessary changes!!!
    I again thank the moderators of this list for allowing me to post the GSD's
that are critical and to dissemenate what I believe to be VERY pertinent
information wtih regard to the changing needs of rescue from day to day.
  I humbly remain...for the animals...
  Dawn Restuccia

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #13 in digest
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 08:09:34 -0700 (PDT)
  From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>

  I wonder if I can handle with a note from my doctor saying I shouldn't but I
do.  So the judge will let someone else run the dog for me!!! tee hee hee
    sheila
  LauraEG@xxxxxxx wrote:

  In a message dated 5/6/2007 7:08:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
  BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx writes:
  The handler would show this note to
  the judge in the ring I guess. Is such a thing even permitted by AKC? How
  would you judges out there feel about a signed letter from a Veterinarian
  in
  your ring & how serious would you consider such a thing? Would you
  disregard an
  obvious fault if a signed letter from a Vet explained it was the result of
  injury?

  I believe, (heaven knows how many years ago) Nan & Hall Keys showed a bitch
  that had one of her ears half bitten off, and she finished her Championship -
  I understood that she had a letter from a vet. So that has been around
  since at least the middle 70's.

  Laura in Chesapeake, VA

  ---------------------------------
   Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #14 in digest
  From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 08:14:20 -0700

  Hi all,  The following is a letter I received and thought some of you might
  enjoy it.
  'Dear Corresponding Secretary,
  I'm Hailey ______, age 11.  I was flipping through some old magazines and
  saw my GSD magazine.  I have been going to the local Schutzhund Club, and
  have been convinced they're very good dogs.  I was wondering if you're not
  busy, to send me info, or anything!  I've always wanted a Shepherd, and have
  always wanted to contact the breed club itself.  Thank you very much for
  your time.
  Hailey ____
  South Carolina'

  The bottom of the letter has a lovely drawing of a GSD coming at you and
  Hailey apologizes for messing up on the drawing.
  She also knows how to spell.
  Also this letter was sent to Miss Blanche Beisswenger and then forwarded to
  me by her sister.
  Perhaps someone in the SC area might want to suggest a local club or
  activity Hailey could attend.

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #15 in digest
  From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:20:42 -0500

  Not too sure what is really going on.  I've gotten just a few, but not the
  usual amount of posts.
  However, (I'm in La. and know the weather has messed up quite a few folks in
  the far nawth.
  SNOW in May in Nev., Ariz. & of course, Colo.  Penna. has had some rough
  weather too.
  Kansas tornadoes etc., have done a lot of damage around.  It's possible
  their 'puters are down;
  PLUS, and this is a big PLUS - today is Sunday and we HAVE DOG SHOWS - Norma
  no L

  Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 11:17:43 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
  From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

  buy any of you a dog! :-)=0D
  =0D
  Didn't you all love the jockey! I have never seen one so excited and how
  great it was to see the love of the horses expressed and the team work th=
  at
  goes into a winner.=0D
  I am sure most of us watching the heart wrenching Special on Barbaro afte=
  r.
  It was  hard to again relive the horrendous day at the Preakness but here
  again what a great example of people working together.=0D
  =0D
  I guess my point is, the GSDCA and especially it's Board is going through
  some very hard times and we must all work together and  do so from the ba=
  sis
  of knowing facts.=0D
  =0D
  Joan=0D