[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brag New Champion

  • From: "Lee Parkhurst" <siriuspark@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:22:34 -0400

Although I seldom have the time or inclination to sit in front of the computer,
I feel compelled to post.  Yesterday in Vermont Jan Weatherbee and I finished
our new champion. She is now Ch. Sirius Park's Eternity v Oakhill. Jan posted
to Facebook while I drove us home so I hope this post is not redundant .
Ternie was bred by Joe Bihari and me. She was sired by Fellsway's Black Hawk
Down ( a Ch. Kojak  and Ch. Shania son) and Hillkrest's Tia v Bihari (a GV Bono
and Ch. Ciara daughter).

Ch. Eternity was shown to her championship by team Moore. We would like to
thank Phillip Moore for his expert handling of Ternie to her championship. His
very professional, and above all, ethical handling of our girl was deeply
appreciated by both Jan and me. We would also like to thank all the members of
Phillip's team especially  Pam Martin and her daughter Mattie for their
assistance with Eternity's campaign. You all helped to make showing a German
Shepherd fun again!!!!!! Ch. Eternity was shown in both the Speciality and All
breed rings and earned a major in each venue.

Jan and I would also like to congratulate Jason and Robin Lyle and George
Berstler on the points they earned on their young male this past weekend - team
Moore also handled him.

Also to Mattie Martin a big congratulations on going Best Junior handler again
this weekend. What a mature young woman and excellent handler Mattie is!

I would also like to relate a great story that I heard this weekend because all
in the German Shepherd family know the couple involved.  As I was waiting for
Ternie to go into the ring, I became involved in a conversation with two women,
a mother and daughter who show a different breed. . When they found out that I
was showing a German Shepherd, they asked if I knew a couple ( a handler and
wife) who sometimes came to the shows with a coffee truck that sold some of the
best coffee and treats that could be found at the shows. I knew immediately
that it was Scott and Lauren Yergin . Friends of these two women had broken
down on their way to a show and the Yergin's offered their assistance and their
home to these complete strangers. Although these women did not know Scott and
Lauren, they could not say enough about how well the Yergins treated their
friends. Good deeds should never go unnoticed ! Way to go Scott and Lauren, you
give German Shepherd people a great  reputation !

Lee

http://showgsd.org/mail.html