[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brag

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 03:32:36 GMT

This weekend, at the Orange Empire Dog Club shows in my back yard (San
Bernardino, CA), Ch. Asgard Harley Davidson, PT, was BOS on Saturday, under
judge Denise Dean, and BOB on Sunday, under judge Dorothy Collier.

Harley was groomed and handled to near perfection by Mr. John Nichols.  John is
JR Alcantara's right-hand man and took over this weekend when JR had another
obligation, half way around the world, to take care of and couldn't be here.
John also has the good fortune to be the nephew of one of my favorite people,
Mrs. Jennifer Root.  He is a very talented young man, whose obvious love of
dogs is a joy to watch.  We had a great weekend of ideal weather and a nice
show grounds.

Saw many old friends and acquaintances whom I hadn't seen in a while.  Grace
Cassidy, Connie Cabanela (who now is successfully showing a Border Terrier!),
Margaret Lash, Larry Ferris (walking around with a Corgi!), Gale and Betty
Taylor, Nathan (sorry, his last name leaked out of my brain just now), and
several others.  It is fun to show close to home once in a while, but, I do so
love to travel!!  3 more years to retirement, then, clear the streets, I am on
a BIG road trip!!!

Evan, if you forgot what Harley's breeding is, watch for the February issue of
the GSDCA Review.  I think there is a nice ad being prepared for us by the
incomparable editor of same, and we are even including his pedigree, I think!

I sure love this dog!!   How fortunate I am to have friends like the Ginsburgs
and the Sedgewicks, who made this trip possible for me.

Paula, 253 days and counting