[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brackett breeding discussion

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:27:34 EDT

Interestingly enough, the line breedngs we have done using the 2-3 pattern
suggested by Brackett, all produce multi-champion litters and made the
bitches  into ROM's.
At that time the sires I line bred on were Reno and Sundance Kid and
Gunner.

Scharo's Fiesta produced 7 champions bred to Ch. Brentaryl's  Gunner or his
son, Spellbinder. (Since she was a Ch. Brentaryl's Gage  daughter, it was
really close when we bred her to Gunner'  it was 2-3 on  Sundance Kid when we
bred her to Spellbinder).  She did not produce any  champions when
outcrossed.

Peddacres Ramblin Rose  got her ROM from a 2-3 line breeding on  Reno.

We lease Brentaryl's Mercy and bred her to Spellbinder, once again doing a
2-3 line breeding on Sundance Kid and had 4 champions plus several
qualifiers  out of one litter.

When it was time to breed our FIRE, it was tough.  I chose to do a
complete out cross, but at the same time a very type to type breeding.  I
selected
Ch. Kenlyn's Aries.  That was a match made in heaven.  My  quandary now is
where to go with all my nice Fire X Bailey girls.
So if anyone has bred a Bailey girl and is really happy with the litter,
please let me know.
Carol Moore