[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brackett breeding discussion

  • From: SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:41:38 EDT

I consider several breeding theories when breeding including Brackett,  X
Chromosome in a general way, and Three Cross (not sure that is the right
term for what I do).  And there are several others including matching the  top
and bottom line for one, matching the bottom line of the sire to the  top
line of the dam is another.
One must remember, these are tools, not commandments and you should have
knowledge of the animals in the pedigree you are utilizing with these  tools.
Some believe breeding is a crap shoot, I disagree, but in that case lets
say I want to increase my odds.
I rather think of breeding as an art; desirable qualities of the breeding
partners, knowledge of the pedigrees, and a pinch of gut feeling.
Lissa