[ SHOWGSD-L ] Boxer

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 18:42:06 -0400 (EDT)

I had a Boxer bitch have a C section once. 5 puppies. I told the vet to
keep digging I just knew there were at least 2 more.. He said , nope, every
thing in out the table. Three days later the bitch was still nesting, very
restless and not taking care of her puppies. I took her back. He said, she
feels  a little swollen yet but that is normal. I said Xray. He said not
necessary. I  said I'm paying for it. Xray.

Guess what? 2 one pound puppies left.(still alive) So he had to open  her
up again. I said spay her , I don't want to go through this again. Five days
past and she was dropping blood . Like a cup at a time. he said bleeding is
 normal. I said . I KNOW WHAT NORMAL BLEEDING IS. This is not normal.

Her blood count was so low he had to open her up again. He hadn't tied off
the uterine stump well enough and she was trying to grow a new uterus.

So I had the only bitch probably in the world that went through 2 C
sections and 2 Spays in less than two weeks.

I made him take the puppies home to tube feed until they could eat on their
 own.

Oh! and No I didn't pay the bill. He was new at my clinic and we all had a
sit down and my old vet let him know that we breeders knew much more about
how  to read our dogs than the vets do. They need to listen to us. He
learned a  very hard lesson.

Puppies can be missed in a C section as well as live births.  Just
Sayin....Judi