[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ] Bone spurs

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx, hollywoods@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:58:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2007 10:11:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Like I  said very strange.  OFA said it was a sesamoid bone growth, which is
suppose to be common with bones??.

'Dunno...a sesamoid is a bone in the back of the ankle of a  horse above the
fetlock, they have two in the back of each ankle, several  tendons run over
them in fact...(what Ruffian fractured, and actually a common  fracture when
other bones break and they come down hard on that back portion of  the
ankle)...and in fact we have them in a few areas....I've never heard of one  in
a dog's
elbow...strange indeed <G>.

Glad the dog is OK.

Vets are doing/finding/saying strange things.  I had someone call for  a
puppy whose orthopedic vet with a prior dog actually broke a bone in the dog's
forelimb to correct UAP.  Now, I've heard of them making a little notch in  the
bone to try and get it to close, no idea how that all turns out, but that
wasn't the procedure she was talking about.  I'm to the point I just nod my
head...

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds