[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Boiled Egg Secrets from the North....

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: jackkilgour@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 06:25:59 -0400 (EDT)

One more thing....really fresh eggs (farm market?) are almost impossible to
 peel.  The eggs you buy in most stores are old enough that you should  be
fine, but if really fresh, buy ahead of time and let them sit in the  fridge.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 6/9/2012 5:38:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jackkilgour@xxxxxxx writes:

Ed,
I  took your funny but legitimate concern about those eggs to the "source"m
Mom...who's devilled eggs never have a blemish on the them.  I  thought
she'd
give me a "quick tip" on how to peel them right...LOL...  it's apparently a
detailed process, but according to her...it never  fails.
For next time, and for what it's worth...here it is! :)

1)  Place eggs into a BIG pot with PLENTY OF COLD water
2) Bring to a boil on  high heat - then turn the burner down to a medium
heat
(as long as they  continue to boil)
3) Boil for 10 minutes!!
4) Turn the Burner off -  leave the pot sitting on that burner for another
10
mins
5) Drain water  in a sink and re-fill pot with cold water
6) Let sit for 1 min
7) Drain  water again and re-fill with cold water
8) Let sit for 1 min
9) Drain,  re-fill pot with cold and let sit for 10 minutes
10) Take each egg and tap  it on a sink edge/counter firmly all the way
around the shell
11) Throw  them back in the water for 5-10 minutes
12) Each one will peel off easily,  without a blemish.

jack