[ SHOWGSD-L ] Body Type-was- suggestions for weight gain

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 07:23:36 -0500

 Ginger,
There are several reasons your girl maybe not gaining weight.  But, I wouldn't
doubt that she is just a different body type than what you're used to or would
like.  Most of these girls that don't gain weight as a youngster out grow this.
 Our GVX Ruby was very thin most of the time while she was growing up.  I used
to feed her...NO KIDDING...4-5 Chicken backs in the Morning and 4-5 in the eve
to get her into show shape.  NOW she gets 2-3 once a day and porks up rather
quick....Thanks Leslie for keeping her in Perfect shape now!  Her sister,
Jewel, is still a bit thin but she is an overall more active dog than The
Queen.   Using Fresh Raw chicken backs does put weight on dogs, as it has the
proper balance of fat and protiens, I know it is not for all, but here it works
great...and without the worries of over feeding.

Tari Kridler
We have Puppies!!
Home of 2003 Amer & Can GVX Kridler's Ruby and her Father 2 x Sel. Amer & Can
Ch. Kridler's Quno @ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com & the New List (to
brag, advertise, and
Learn)http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList/join

  suggestions for weight gain

NOT for me, LOL!  I have a bitch that is eating twice a day, nearly four
cups each feeding, she is parasite free and yet will not gain weight. She is
a very active.  I have her on a good meat based quality dog food. The fat
content is 20%, the highest I can find.
Any suggestions?  Is there something I could add to her food to help? I am
worried about her. Though she certainly acts fine, has normal stools, etc,
etc. She just won't gain weight.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious. www.rihadin.com
AOL Mail and more.