[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bob Lindsay Videos

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 13:59:25 -0800

Perhaps an alternative is to make subscriptions available right now to
*purchase* live-streaming. Then if the members who want it AND Bob (please,
Bob!), will be voting with their pocket books and wallets.  If there aren’t
enough pd subscriptions, the money could be refunded.

Probably not feasible, but it’s an idea.

Storm

> On Jan 1, 2015, at 12:56 PM, Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Bob has been filming our GSD National since the 1980's.  His work is
> priceless; he has a complete history of our wonderful GSD's.  This includes
> our GV GVX and Selects, Fut/Mat, Stud Dog Brood Bitch classes, Parade of
> Greats.
>
> I know the membership wants streaming.  You stated this in the survey.  Here
> is the problem:  It is likely that the BOD will hire a streaming company.They
> will provide; likely at no cost to the club.  That company will want an
> exclusive and not allow Bob to film.  Then the cost to purchase DVD's from
> the streaming company will double to $300.  (the "free" streaming is at a
> cost.)  We pay on the back end when they sell DVD's.
>
> I agree that streaming is wonderful for those who can't attend.  I hope the
> BOD does not choose free streaming/expensive DVD's/and no Bob Lindsay.  Bob
> knows our breed; films for hours on end, delivers the DVD's to us quickly,
> and is a very cherished member of The GSDCA.
>
> Can we PLEASE look at streaming costs and keep Bob?
>
> Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>
Stormy V. Hope