[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board reduction and lifers

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

Wow!  from $300,000 to $30,000??  That's just crazy.

I think we need to define lifers a bit better.  Thank God for those  lifers
like Judi, those who become mentors and anchors of our clubs, and are
there to help maintain the history, structure and worthiness of our clubs. She
took on the trophies one year and had great success.

I know Ed, myself, and many others have volunteered for the parent club,
donated trophies, time and energy. Many people volunteer every year, and our
clubs survive because of that.

Then there are the lifers that only work on how they can benefit....name
recognition, judging assignments, etc.

I am glad there are more like Judi.  And aware of the other  ones.

I just had a nice phone conversation with Frank Fasano on Thursday. He  was
his regular pleasant self,  We talked about some peoples paranoia, and  how
it wastes everyone's time.

Its our dog club, but a dog club nonetheless.

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 8/10/2012 2:38:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx writes:

It is  the same in all clubs. The people that do nothing have enough time
on
their hands to spend it bitching about those that DO something.

Our  local breed club had over $300,000. in the bank. A lot of new younger

people joined and some thought it would be nice to let the new blood take
over  with fresh new ideas. Those ideas cost the club $165,000 to  purchase
2
acres of  land in the city limits that cost us $3000. per  year in taxes.
No
sewer, water,  or electric.

They also  purchased over $10,000 worth of agility equipment that we didn't

have a building big enough to set up. So much money was wasted that by the
time  I got in as Treasurer. We had $15.000 left in a CD and $15,000  in
checking. It  took me 2 years but I got it back up to about  $80,000 in a
two
year period. But  when all the spending stopped so  did the new blood.

But then, I'm a lifer. and it was other lifers that  did all the work. The
new blood had lots of ideas, but where are  they when it comes time to
work?
We  have about three main workers in  our club. Sometimes as many as 4
bitchers. out  of a membership of  about 60. I can only imagine all the
work it
takes to manage  the  National club and it's shows.

That is not to say we don't need new  blood. We do. But with guidance from
those that have been there done  that. You have to know where you have been
and  are , before you know  where you are going.

It is a shame the a reduction of the BOD has to  be done, but it is
necessary.  As for regions being  represented. Perhaps some of the BOD
members
could be appointed as  somewhat of a delegate for two or three regions.  At
least
they could  bring those regions concerns to the meetings. My region has  no
one  on the Board. So we will ask Johnny Snowblower (BOD Member) to take
our
concerns to the Board.

Just a thought.

I'm sure Bill would  love a call from someone asking what they can do to
help out. Even  if you can't attend the National.  I'm sure Frank would
love  a
call asking if there are any committees you could assist with. Or if you
see  someone is a committee chair. Call and ask if they need any  help. It
can
be  fun.

Oh well we have the Sturgis  Harley Rally going on her now so I'm to busy
Bitch any more.   Judi