[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board reduction.

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:37:39 -0400 (EDT)

It is the same in all clubs. The people that do nothing have enough time on
 their hands to spend it bitching about those that DO something.

Our local breed club had over $300,000. in the bank. A lot of new younger
people joined and some thought it would be nice to let the new blood take
over  with fresh new ideas. Those ideas cost the club $165,000 to purchase 2
acres of  land in the city limits that cost us $3000. per year in taxes. No
sewer, water,  or electric.

They also purchased over $10,000 worth of agility equipment that we didn't
have a building big enough to set up. So much money was wasted that by the
time  I got in as Treasurer. We had $15.000 left in a CD and $15,000 in
checking. It  took me 2 years but I got it back up to about $80,000 in a two
year period. But  when all the spending stopped so did the new blood.

But then, I'm a lifer. and it was other lifers that did all the work. The
new blood had lots of ideas, but where are they when it comes time to work?
We  have about three main workers in our club. Sometimes as many as 4
bitchers. out  of a membership of about 60. I can only imagine all the work it
takes to manage  the National club and it's shows.

That is not to say we don't need new blood. We do. But with guidance from
those that have been there done that. You have to know where you have been
and  are , before you know where you are going.

It is a shame the a reduction of the BOD has to be done, but it is
necessary.  As for regions being represented. Perhaps some of the BOD  members
could be appointed as somewhat of a delegate for two or three regions.  At
least
they could bring those regions concerns to the meetings. My region has  no
one on the Board. So we will ask Johnny Snowblower (BOD Member) to take our
concerns to the Board.

Just a thought.

I'm sure Bill would love a call from someone asking what they can do to
help out. Even if you can't attend the National.  I'm sure Frank would love  a
call asking if there are any committees you could assist with. Or if you
see  someone is a committee chair. Call and ask if they need any help. It can
be  fun.

Oh well we have the Sturgis Harley Rally going on her now so I'm to busy to
 Bitch any more.  Judi