[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board, or bored, you pick

  • From: elg440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:56:09 -0400

Lew is doing a great job of keeping the business in line and the meeting moving.

There was a suggestion that extra Reviews be printed and sent to vets to keep
in their office. They will consider that, and see what the cost would be, for
members to buy for their vet.
There was a new application approved, that includes two sponsors. I didnâ??t
see it, but evidently it does require a change in our by-laws.

Bart, who is here with a Van Dyke gotee, and shaved head, talked about Mellissa
and her bags for juniors to support her and to donate club products. It was
moved to use the club products for juniors, and passed.
The May Review is done, and was to be here, but didnâ??t make it. So, it will
go out soon, and evidently might even make it to the meeting.

The amateur Futurity rules were changed to allow juniors from homes where a
parent might be a handler, can still show. That will allow a lot of more people
to show dogs, and more of the juniors. There were other changes that I didn't
get.

Beaumont was confirmed, so that is where the National will be.

It is amazing how hard this board works for us. They listen, are dedicated and
try hard to do the right thing.  It should never be ignored what work they do,
and how much they give up to serve us.

Kris quit as Legal Affairs, and said she felt since the advice she gave was not
being followed she didn't feel she could continue in that roll. She will
continue as a director, at least that is her current decision.  I did get to
talk to her a bit last night.

The word is that Lew has gotten enough board member to sign the agreement
already, that it will be passed. I think the parlimentarian might have
something to say about it being signed prior to any discussion. Also, I think
before the meeting is closed tomorrow, there will have to be a Motion and vote
to close it. I am not sure if there will be enough people to vote to close it.
We will know early as the meeting is to start at 7:00 a.m.

This will be the first WDA event under the AKC, so Cindy is looking to get a
lot of publicity.  I suggested she get the governor of Colorado to declare it
German shepherd week, and she is looking into that. Also for the rest of the
year, the WDA events will be under the GSDCA, not the WDA, so the club has to
be ready for that.

Bill Pfeiffer is moving the internet to anothr host service that will allow
committees to edit the reports, and for regional clubs to host their sties for
free with the GSDCA.

Nicky Bunch sent a fanatastic "fruit flower" basket. It was about four feet
accross with mellon on skewers, strawberries, grapes, and was huge. I got my
share. Hell, I got Tedi's share as well, and when we left, it was only about
half gone. I took some to the room, I hope others did as well.

The Host Hotel is the Hilton as the H.Q. hotel.  At lunch I suggested that
Cindy call and confirm a room. She did, and got the last room.  There are 250
rooms, but the special rate has been taken. Maybe before the show they will
open more rooms.

Carmen suggested that we should consider longer terms for board members.  Lew
said  that it had to come under new business, and so they will bring it up
tomorrow. I will try to get someone to suggest it only be for oncomiing
members, not someone who might vote himself in.  That might change how some
people approach the topic.

The Futurity clubs were approved, but it went too fast, and I couldn't hear it
all. I did note there was discussionn of the Salt Lake City club, that was not
financially strong enough. The board decided that to give them the Futurity
might help them, so they were approved. This is a good example of how our board
is working to support us.

I am exhaused, and all I did was listen.  These are some hard working
individuals, and they mean well, even if we don't agree with them. The real
battle will be tomorrow, and I know there have been threats of litigation
against those board members who said what was done in a closed meeting. So, I
suspect that there may be a problem finding out what they do, if they do close
the meeting.

I have another board member now to represent, and I suppose as an attorney for
board members I could insist on being in the meeting. But, I am not going to do
that. I would never sue my club, or anyone who is a member of the board. I am
just here to answer questions, and to enjoy myself.

So far it is fun, and good to see everyone.
AOL at AOL.com.