[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board meeting highlights?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:03:50 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2010 2:02:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
terranorte@xxxxxxx writes:

In the  past, I remember that when there was a board meeting Dania and Evan
(and  others) used to send a synopsis of meeting highlights so the list
members had  some idea of what was going on in a timely manner. I miss those
posts of key  happenings, who was there, what was going on.

I remember even longer when I went to the board meeting with a  laptop and
was told I could not type on it during the meeting.  I laughed  and typed
and sent out notes from the hearing room.

Dania and The One and Only used to send us news, but when put  on the
board, Dania might have felt it was a conflict.

Many times some have felt it was better if the membership did  not know
what was going on. I never did understand that, as it is our club and  nothing
is harmed by letting everyone know what is going on, if you are not  ashamed
of what you are doing.

I am surprised they are keeping the Margy thing secret, but I  also don't
care.  I have lost a great deal of interest in the events of the  club. I
just like to go to a dog show now and then.

I am just glad our congress is done in open sessions. Not that it is more
important than the GSDCA.  But, it is our government.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/