[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board meeting and show sites

  • From: Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx
  • To: kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 21:59:53 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/30/2011 1:38:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Part of  the issue with having a National in Las Vegas, is that no large
hotel is  able to allow dogs inside their buildings.  These large hotels
are
considered resorts.  The reason being is that there is a state law  saying
that no resort may allow dogs into the building.  Therefore  when the Aussie
National was at the SouthPoint Hotel, or any of the rodeos  that are in
town,
all the animals are housed in air conditioned tents, with  security, OUTSIDE
the hotel buildings.  Then there is also an issue of  grass.  I am not aware
of any herding venues close by, so those folks  would have to travel some
distance again.  I found this out when I was  raising a guide dog puppy and
wanted to bring it up to my timeshare when my  son was competing in the
local
area.  They wouldn't allow it, as it  wasn't a fully trained guide dog with
harness, and then told me  why.

The Aussie people kept their dogs in climate controlled box stalls at the
hotel. There is 24-7 armed security and each person has their own  security.
card. that lets them into the stall area.  They keep many  million dollar
horses on those box stalls.There is a park for RVs about a half  mile away
that has large grassy areas for exercising dogs and a shuttle ran from  the
park to the hotel.The sheep were brought down from Southern  Utah.

Bud.